Twigfarm Co., Ltd. Private Information Protection Policy(English)
Twigfarm Co., Ltd. (hereinafter “The Company”) places customers’ private information as highest priority and complies with “Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc.” The Company hereby informs the customers of the purpose and in what way the private information provided by our customers is used, and what measures are taken to protect the private information. The Company will make notification on its web site (or provide individual notifications) when it revises private information handling policy.
1. Gathered Private Information Items
The Company gathers private information for registration of members, consultation, and application for service, as follows.
Gathered Information :
- Name , ID, password : Utilized at identification procedure for membership service
- E-mail address, phone number : Securement of channel for smooth communication to deliver notification, handle complaints, and provide information on new service, product, and events.
- Bank account, credit card : Payment for use of service and peripheral services
- Address, phone number : Securement of accurate destination for bills and delivery of commodities
- Others: Data is gathered to provide customized service and for marketing activities
- IP Address : Prevention of wrongful use of service by disorderly member and/or unauthorized use of service
Method of Gathering Private Information: Web site (signing up)
2. Purpose of Gathering and Utilization of Private Information
The Company utilizes the gathered private information for the following purposes.
- Implementation of contracts regarding provision of service, billing for provision of service, provision of contents, purchase and payment of fees, and delivery of commodities and bills
- Identification for membership service, recognition of individuals, and delivery of notifications
Marketing and advertisement
- Evaluation of access frequency and statistics on service use of members
3. Possession of Private Information and Period of Utilization
The Company immediately discards all information when the purpose of gathering and utilization of private information is fulfilled.
4. Procedure and Method of Discardment of Private Information
The Company immediately discards all information when the purpose of gathering and utilization of private information is fulfilled. Procedure and method of the discardment are as follows.
Procedure of discardment
- Information the members entered for joining is moved to a separated DB (filing cabinet for paper documents) after the purpose is fulfilled. The moved information is stored for a certain period according to the internal policy and reason of informational protection defined by other relevant laws (please refer to “Possession of Private Information and Period of Utilization) and is discarded.
- Private information transferred to the separated DB is never used for any purpose other than storage, unless laws define otherwise.
Method of discardment
- Private information in the format of electronic file is deleted with technical method with which records cannot be recovered.
5. Provision of private information
The Company does not provide its users’ private information to external parties, in principle. Nevertheless, the following circumstances are regarded as exemptions.
- When the users have priorly agreed
- When the provision is based on the legal provision or when there has been request from law enforcement according to procedures and methods defined in the law
6. Outsourcing of Gathered Private Information
The Company never outsources its customers’ private information to external companies without prior consent of the customers. If there is any need, The Company will notify the concerned customer of outsourcing service provider and details of outsourcing and acquire prior consents, if needed.
7. Rights of Users and Legal Agents, and Way to Exercise the Rights
Users and legal agents may read or edit private information of the users themselves and children under 14 under their custody any time, respectively, and also request withdrawal of the membership.
The user or legal agent shall click “edit private information” (or “edit member information”) to read or edit private information of a user or child under 14, and “withdraw membership” to terminate membership (withdrawal of agreement). After identification procedure, the user of legal agent may read, edit, or withdraw the private information. Or, if they contact personnel in charge of private information through written form, phone call, or e-mail, the personnel will make the swiftest response.
If you have made request for correction of error in the private information, the concerned information is neither utilized nor provided until the correction is completed. Also, when the erroneous private information has already been provided to a third party, The Company will immediately make notification on it to make corrections.
The Company handles private information withdrawn or deleted by the request from the user or legal agent according to “period of possession and utilization of private information gathered by The Company” and prohibits reading or utilizing the discarded information for any other reason.
8. Installation and Operation of Automated Private Information Gathering Device and Refusal of It
The Company operates cookies which stores and finds your information all the time.
Cookies refers to a tiny text files the server used to operate The Company’s web site sends to your browser, and it is stored in your computer’s hard disk. The Company utilizes cookies for the following purpose.
Purpose of Using Cookies
- Target marketing and customized service by analyzing access frequency and time of members and non-members, finding out taste and interest of a user and tracking the user, and intensity of participation in various events
- You have choice on installation of cookies. Therefore, you can enable all cookies by enabling the option in your web browser. Or, you can also confirm every time cookies is stored, or refuse all cookies.
- e.g.: you can enable all cookies by enabling the option in your web browser. Or, you can also confirm every time cookies are stored, or refuse all cookies.
Example of actual option setting (as for Internet Explorer)
- Tools on the top of the web browser > Internet Option > Privacy
However, if you refuse enabling cookies, provision of some the services can be limited.
9. Customer Service in regard to Private Information.
The Company has been designating department and personnel in charge of private information management in order to protect private information of its customers and handle complaints regarding private information.
Name of Personnel in Charge of Private Information Management: WonTaek Kim
Phone Number: +82(0)2-1833-5926
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may report all complaints occurred regarding private information while using The Company’s services to the personnel or department in charge. The Company will provide fast and proper response to your complaints and reports.
If you need any further consultation or reporting, please contact the following institutes.
1. Private Information Dispute Mediation Committee (https://www.kopico.go.kr)
2. Information Protection Certification Commission (www.eprivacy.or.kr)
3. Supreme Prosecutor’s Office Internet Crime Investigation Center (http://www.spo.go.kr)
4. National Police Agency Cyber Terrorism Response Center (http://cyberbureau.police.go.kr)
10. Obligation of Notification
This Private Information Handling Policy is subject to changes in accordance with the policy of the government or need of The Company. When there is addition, deletion, or modification of contents, the changes shall be priorly announced through the web site or e-mail, at least 7 days prior to the implementation of revised provision. When prior announcement is limited, announcement shall be made without delay, and this Policy is implemented at the date of announcement.
However, if important aspects including but not limited to purpose of gathering and utilizing private information, and object of third—party provision of private information is added, deleted, or modified, the prior notification shall be made 30 days prior to the date of actual implementation. In addition, when revision that requires separated consent of the users according to Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc., including but not limited to gathering and utilization of private information and provision of private information to a third party, is added or modified in accordance with, The Company will acquire separated consent from the users.